Last night a sweet friend of mine invited me to the Rachel Hollis documentary film for a mompreneur night out.
I’m sure most of you know who Rachel Hollis is, for those that don’t, she is the author of the NY Times bestseller “Girl, wash your face”. She is an inspiration to many, including me!
Before the movie, we met for dinner learning more of what each other does for those I didn’t know that well and catching up with those I did. I was in great company, inspirational women that were hustlers in business and really rocked the mom life as well. Dinner was filled with great conversation, it was nice, but I also learned a lot. Even better! I learned even more during the documentary!
From what I’m told this documentary is only in a few theaters across the US with very few showings for ONE day and sold out in 27 minutes! The documentary was based on the author’s first conference “RISE UP”. (Just a side note: Funny how a lot of coincidences and events in my life share that same title! The irony!). Anyway, after the 90 minutes highlighting the conference and learning more of how she started and her intentions, we were told after Rachel would come on and speak for 30-40 minutes. So we obviously hung out after the trailer anxiously waiting. You can tell some woman didn’t know this because they were leaving, WOW did those girls miss out. EVERY woman that stayed walked away with something. If you see this come in your area again, if it does, grab some friends and make it a girls night. I highly recommend!
I wanted to share a few tips that I walked away with last night. Perfect timing for this New Year, and the new season of my life.
1. We ALL have things! We all have things in our lives that we must deal with. Either things that have happened to us or things we’re experiencing. Unless we FACE OUR THINGS we can’t accept and grow from them. Something I’ve been trying to do for so many years. Harder than it sounds.
2. The OPPOSITION OF THE TRUTH is the easiest way to battle your inner conscious. Instead of beating yourself down with the negative, look for the positive and focus on that.
3. What women don’t realize is they have more in common with each other than what they think! We all face a lot of the SAME ISSUES.
4. GIVE YOURSELF credit! There’s a lot of things in your life you should give yourself credit for, as women, we don’t tend to celebrate all we accomplish!
Like for instance … I went to Sculptflow today! That’s lifting weights, while doing yoga, with cardio intervals, in above 140 degrees for an hour and …I didn’t DIE! Go me! 🙂
5. We are the combination of the 5 people we spend the most time with! This is powerful! There is POWER IN PROXIMITY! My father in law has preached this to us for years. Same thing as “Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future” he says. If your the wealthiest of your group, find a new group. If your the smartest in your group, find a new group. If your the most motivated/successful of your group, find a new group. Balance your environment. You need to FEED from your group, not pour yourself empty.
Last night was awesome! Girl time I feel recharges you… but girl time filled with motivation …EMPOWERS you!
I hope YOU put time aside to recharge and empower yourself because I went to bed last night as Melissa but with a new spark but I woke up… Superwoman!
EVERY girl needs this! Especially girl time that’s motivational with other women that can LIFT YOU.
You do too!
Happy Eve of the weekend Mom Queens!