Since I took my extensions out and chopped ALL my hair off last fall I’ve become hair product obsessed. Why? Because I want my OWN hair extension free and healthy as I can get it! I WANT MY hair to not just LOOK but FEEL long, luscious, and thick WITHOUT any extensions.
When I took my extensions out my hair was dry and damaged in desperate need of a HUGE CHOP! It has been 6 months after the big chop and my hair still LOOKS and FEELS thick and healthy but its GROWING like a weed! THIS I’ve never Experienced! I’ve always had thin and brittle hair!
It’s because of these different changes since the chop!
#1. My cut! I LOVE my blunt cut! It makes it LOOK a lot thicker than it is. When I went short I wanted a blunt short bob, as my hair started growing out my hairdresser, Ben Hugins with Novak Studios, suggested I keep that bluntness for that exact reason. He was SO right. Forever blunt now.
#2. My supplements! I’ve never been a medicine or vitamin girl. I hated taking medicine and don’t like my body relying on something not naturally in it. Last fall I got over that and I added a collagen peptide creamer to my coffee every day (read my November blog: ”collagen it does a body good!”). I also take a natural biotin 10mg everyday.
#3. My new love for hair products! Hair products make ALL the difference! Before I was just a shampoo, conditioner, detangler, and hair spray girl! NOT anymore! Now I’ve got a serum for this and booster or mask for that. When it comes to my hair, it’s making the WORLD of difference! So I wanted to share my everyday hair products and how they have changed my hairs condition and WHY I use them!
For CLEAN DAYS:
After shampoo and conditioner, I towel dry and add these!
- Pureology Color treatment: acts as a detangler while adding nutrients AND helping keep the gold tones out of my hair in between the 7-8 wk color/cut appointments. ( I used to go every 5 wks not anymore it’s now 8!)
- Eufora damage cure complex: Soothes scalp, nourishes hair follicles, improves weak and brittle hair, and promotes healthy hair growth.Win!Win!
- Eufora heat styling spray: protects hair from heat while adding nutrients. If you don’t believe in this product hold your blow dryer on the inside of your hand on high for 30 seconds! Then spray some of this on and try it again! It’s not as hot, is it? This stuff works!
For DIRTY DAYS:
First, let me start by saying that I wash my hair only once every 4 days! Some may think that’s gross but this really does make all the difference in hair health! So for those four days, dry shampoo and nutrient serum is my BFF!
- Eufora Beautifying Serum: Non-greasy, lightweight and fast absorbing serum! It gives serious moisture, softness, and shine to your hair while also providing it with antioxidant and antibacterial benefits and the daily nutrients your hair needs.
- Moroccan Oil Dry Shampoo: I’m still obsessed with this stuff! I use the light because it also acts as a little color corrector to my roots and shade in between coloring! I’ve tried a dozen dry shampoos and this is still my favorite! I like how it feels without having to towel or comb. Just spray and done! It really absorbs the oils to keep your hair feeling clean in between washes!
My STYLE PRODUCTS:
- Kevin Murphy Doo. Over: OMG this stuff is Ah-Mazing! Gives your hair tons of volume, hold, structure, and that extra ”umpf”! I LOVE this stuff! If you haven’t tried this product, it’s worth a try! Especially for clean limp hair days.
- KENRA PLATINUM EXTRA HOLD HAIR SPRAY #26: No Explanation needed here. This product is exactly what it is! My favorite hairspray!
I loved my hair super short in its short bob… Not gonna lie after several weeks I still liked it but I wanted my long hair back. I still want my long hair back. I’ll get there, but I’ll get there extension free!
NOW since my change in routine, I’m REALLY enjoying each length and phase as it continues to grow out. I’ve never ONCE put an extension piece in since my chop, and I’m pretty dang proud of that! I’m owning and loving my own how it is…naturally. Yea, I do want my long hair back, I’ll get there, but I’m going to get there healthy on my own while enjoying each phase of my grow out as I do!
If you wanna try any of these everyday hair products here are the links:
Happy Healthy Hair Hump Day Mom Queens!