Memorial Day is on it’s way!
Middle of May has quickly arrived with the end of the school year fast approaching and long summer days straight ahead! Woo-hoo!
Less than a full week of school remains and nothing kicks of summer than the first long holiday weekend filled with fun in the sun, Memorial Day Weekend!
What better way to start the festivities than some fun Memorial Day: Red, White, and Blue Nails!
I’m super excited for the first long holiday weekend at the lake, the extra Monday off, and NO SCHOOL commute for months following! The boys sleeping in, family long weekends together, and to destress on the water this summer!
After Mother’s Day Mayhem a trip to the nail salon was more than deserving. I knew I wouldn’t be back until after the Memorial Day holiday, so I decided to jump the gun and spice it up to get me in the holiday fun spirit.
My hubby’s ”wow” comment at dinner let me know I did SPICE it up because its not my normal pink pick. He jokingly questioned if it was 4th of July already (although I do try and hurry the 4th holiday because it’s my birthday). Even the nail techs questioned the red, white, and blue theme until I explained I was getting in the Memorial Day spirit! Seems the holiday is sneaking upon everyone quickly!
I searched the internet looking for something a little different, colorful, and themed. I decided to create my own after my search from what I liked from a few of my favourite picks.
Here are my Red, White, and Blue favorites for the summer holiday season:
- Classic and fun. Love the accent of gold and the single polk-a-dot.
- Tie die! I definitely want to try this with some neons this summer before the neon hype goes.
- How fun! This was my first choice until I decides to create my own! Love the different patterns and glitter accents.
- SPARKLE, SPARKLE, SPARKLE!
- How A-DORABLE! Polk-a-dots! This I feel will be my 4th of July Pick!
- Love the red and blue sparkle with a flag accent!
- Red, White and Blue True! Look closely at this one to notice the silver sparkle lines in between.
- ❤️ Cuteness! This is where I picked my color and theme from, I decided to switch out the gold nail and the heart for a lake theme.
- Love this festive glitter polish! I searched for it for my pedi but my nail salon didn’t have.
- Classic holiday twist to the French manicure.
- Flag Fun Accent nail!
- Wonder Woman meets Memorial Day, although I think this Super hero theme is out of my nail salon’s league 😉 lol
This is what I ended up creating from looking at the above favorites:
My Memorial Day Nails!
My toes are the same! Super cute, but I’ll spare you a feet picture! 😉
If your headed to the nail salon before next weekend and feel like getting a little more festive for the first summer holiday to ring in the summer holiday season, I hope one or some of my searches may help bring your feet and fingers a little more fancy fun! 😉
Happy Tuesday Mom Queens!