It’s time for a little SPARKLE to start your weekend!
This is the time of year we self reflect. We take a good look on the things we want to improve WITHIN ourselves and in our LIVES. So what are some things YOUR wanting to change for 2019? How Can YOU be the best YOU? I want to talk about how to be the best versions of ourselves! Not just to the sparkle sister, but for everyone!
The older I get I think these priorities begin to change. I notice the difference during the different phases of my life. So as I approach 40 in 2020 there are some important aspects that I want to take this year to really focus on, some things that matter a little more to me now than in the past.
Things I want to focus on is carving out time for my family, adding to my metal and physical health, doing what I LOVE, and setting some boundaries for myself and my family. Maybe you feel a little like me in some aspects, maybe me venting can bring you some awareness and ideas for how YOU can work on being the best you for 2019.
My focus for 2019:
- Saying NO to the nonsense. If it doesn’t better my boys and I or add value to to our lives, I want to work on cutting it from our lives. I have a really hard time saying “No”, overcommitting, over volunteering, and easily feel bad/guilty for not helping others. The realization, is sometimes its not reciprocated when you personally are counting on it returned. So 1: I need to set some healthy boundaries.
- The popular one: Health! The older I get I realize, THE GREATEST WEALTH YOU CAN POSESS IS GREAT HEALTH. Gosh my body feels this from the MILLION stair runs up the attic steps yesterday putting away Christmas! Ouch! Since our move, the holidays, starting a new venture, boys starting a new school, staying afloat in my family life and daily career has caused me to lack in this department. (Why, because again I have a hard time saying No!) I don’t want to go extreme like I use too, I just want a healthy balance. Eating better, less wine, and back to yoga & running 4 days a week. That’s a good balance for me. That’s all I need.
- Mental state. Lately, stress is really taking a toll on my head. I need to cut some things and some people that add extra unncessaery stress. It’s impacting my mental health. The guilt thing comes in play and I have a hard time, but boundaries and keeping my center focus! Have you ever had a friend or relative that there is always something wrong, down on their luck, strong pessimist, and brings everyone down with them. You’ve tried but its draining you or a person that copies your every move or style, this can be mentally exhausting and does NOT do anything positive for me. So again, back to what THEY and WHAT I can bring HAPPILY into someones life, again some mental boundaries and distance.
- I used to be always be so happy go lucky, I found myself the last 2 years taking things more personally, letting things bother me more. Things I normally wouldn’t care about. I need to let some things “go” and draw some distance.
- Being HAPPY. The old quote “Love what you do and you’ll never work a day in you life”. Yes! That. THIS is going to be my center focus for 2019. Full time I work in property management and its tough! Tough getting yelled at 24-7 for other peoples problems and circumstances. Its draining. So I’ve started Mom Queen, something I LOVE, a new journey, so maybe one day … with some hard work, I can get to my ultimate goal of really ENJOYING what I do. I think THIS is the best thing I could do for myself and my happiness. So I’m starting now.
SO what about you? What are the hard realizations that you need to face to start being the best YOU for 2019?
For the SPARKLE sister: This brings me to this very important topic: Be-YOU-tiful!
Through my competition journey, I’ve had questions on how to make the Child Advocacy Center their platform, how I created my APP, to see my paperwork or my platform page, my fitness program, who I used for this, what I did for that, the list goes on. I wrote a blog on being BE- YOU-TIFUL when I was traveling for Internal pageants last year. Reflecting on the changes I want to make this year made me think of this VERY important topic again.
Questions are great and advice for preparation is exactly how I prepared as well. But what I did not do is try to be like anyone else, fit a mold. I wanted to express how important is to be YOU. Do it your way. Do what works for you. Take these goals and changes YOU want to see in YOU in 2019! Be you, not a mirror image of what someone else has done, not the girl on your Instagram feed, not a coaches version of what they think YOU should be. Be YOU. Be authentic. STOP TRYING SO HARD. Look at your goals for 2019 & bring the best version of you if your preparing to compete.
A matter of fact I think that’s what helped me a little bit, was being different through the years. Taking risks. I am very comfortable in my skin, I’ve been through allot in life and it took me years to get there, but I know exactly who I am. I do things the way I know how and what works best for me. I know my strengths and my weaknesses. I know the things I like the most, I compete off my strengths. All these questions I get, they all are good but they have only one common denominator: ME. If your competing in 2019, work on your mental strength to KNOW these things about you. Take this time of year to self reflect, to make the list of what the changes YOU want to see for yourself. Improve on those aspects and ALWAYS play on your strengths!
Happy Friday Mom Queens!